The 2021 World Series of Poker topped a brand new gold bracelet winner on the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino on Monday in Event #19: $10,000 Seven Card Stud Championship, a match that attracted 62 avid gamers and introduced up a $578,150 prize pool.
The PokerGO live-streamed ultimate desk used to be a stacked affair with two Poker Corridor of Famers and a mixed 20 bracelets represented, and finally, it used to be well-established poker professional Anthony Zinno claiming victory for $182,872 and the 3rd bracelet of his profession.
Zinno, a three-time champ and previous Participant of the 12 months at the Global Poker Excursion (WPT), up to now gained the 2015 WSOP Tournament #60: $25,000 Top Curler Pot-Restrict Omaha for $1,122,196 and the 2019 WSOP Tournament #60: $1,500 Pot-Restrict Omaha Hello-Lo 8 or Higher for $279,920. For the newly-minted champ, including a stud bracelet to his poker résumé is some degree of delight.
“Hellmuth’s total poker recreation is exceptional. It’s so underrated by way of a large number of the poker neighborhood.”
“It’s unreal as a result of stud is likely one of the video games that I’ve handiest lately been running on,” he stated in his winner’s interview. “One of the vital superb stud avid gamers on this planet have been within the box … What an honor. To have this, I may play poker my entire lifestyles and now not win any other stud bracelet. Those guys are so excellent at stud, and truthfully, I’m now not at the stage of most sensible stud avid gamers by way of any stretch.”
Since 2016, Zinno has labored onerous on his combined recreation abilities.
“It’s essential to me to turn out to myself that the onerous paintings I’ve been setting up the combined video games will pay off,” he stated. “I’ve a protracted option to move, although. I do know I nonetheless have many leaks in all of the video games, however I get higher and that’s what’s essential to me.”
After all, Zinno sought after to thank two of his maximum ardent supporters.
“I really like you mother, and Laura, my sister,” he stated with a large smile. “When I used to be completing regulation faculty and determined I sought after to play poker for a dwelling, my mother and sister have been supportive from Day 1, I’ll by no means overlook that. Having the strengthen device is superior. It offers you that rush, that self assurance whilst you’re taking part in, it’s actually great.”
2021 WSOP Tournament #19: $10,000 Seven Card Stud Championship Ultimate Desk Effects
|1||Anthony Zinno||United States||$182,872|
|4||Phil Hellmuth||United States||$54,730|
|5||Jack McClelland||United States||$40,284|
|6||Stephen Chidwick||United Kingdom||$30,842|
|7||Jason Gola||United States||$24,601|
Observe all of the live-action because it occurs from the 2021 Global Collection of Poker in Las Vegas!
Others to money the match from Day 2 have been Scott Bohlman (eighth – $20,480), George Alexander (ninth – $17,828), and Dan Zack (tenth – $16,262).
In the beginning of the day, all eyes have been on Phil Hellmuth, who used to be searching for his record-extending 16th bracelet. Sadly for the “Poker Brat,” his quest got here up quick as highlighted beneath. Even so, it marked Hellmuth’s fourth money and 3rd ultimate desk of the sequence, arguably his best-ever begin to a WSOP.
“He went loopy once I hit my hand, however I find it irresistible, I am getting a kick out of it. He’ll by no means make me mad. He is aware of it.”
“Hellmuth’s total poker recreation is exceptional. It’s so underrated by way of a large number of the poker neighborhood. They only don’t know what it’s like to sit down and play, as an example, short-handed combined video games with Hellmuth. He’s so honed in … taking part in with any person that’s a Corridor of Famer, that’s one of the vital superb on this planet, is an honor in itself. He went crazy when I hit my hand, however I find it irresistible, I am getting a kick out of it. He’ll by no means make me mad. He is aware of it.”
“Goddamnit mf’er,” @phil_hellmuth stated as he slammed his playing cards down at the desk. This after he misplaced large pot to… https://t.co/8rask8WB51
Final Table Action
In the second level of the day, Jason Gola bowed out in seventh place after losing with two pair nines and threes to the aces up of James Chen. He was followed out the door by Stephen Chidwick, who got his chips in on fifth street with queens in the hole only to see Chen table a split pair of kings. Chidwick failed to improve and had to settle for sixth place.
Poker Hall of Famer Jack McClelland was coolered out of the tournament when his rolled-up deuces ran smack dab into the rolled-up sixes of Jose Paz-Gutierrez. Hellmuth, a fellow Hall of Famer who began the final table as chip leader, was the next to go after failing to gain much traction on Day 3. He dwindled to the short stack and exited after he couldn’t make so much as a pair against Paz-Gutierrez’s lowly deuces.
Despite notching those two eliminations, Paz-Gutierrez was the next to go when he lost most of his stack doubling up Chen, who turned around and finished him off soon thereafter. By that point, Zinno had pulled out to a healthy 3:1 chip lead without having eliminated any opponents up to that point.
Chen fought hard, even taking the chip lead for a brief time, but the pendulum swung back in Zinno’s favor as he slowly and methodically whittled down his opponent. After more than two hours of heads-up play, Zinno sealed the deal denying Chen a second bracelet.
Congrats on your @WSOP win in $10,000 Seven Card @AntZinno, you played great for the 15 hours that we played togeth… https://t.co/oV0h9jU0Gy
Congratulations to Anthony Zinno, winner of the 2021 WSOP Event #19: $10,000 Seven Card Stud Championship! He joins a club of three-time bracelet winners that includes Justin Bonomo, Joe McKeehen, and David “Chip” Reese, just to name a few.
- 1 Caesars Palace Dealer Jimmy Barnett Crowned Casino Employees Champion
- 2 Jesse Klein Tilts Hellmuth on Way to 2021 WSOP $25K H.O.R.S.E. Win for $552,182
- 3 Jeremy Ausmus Wins First Gold Bracelet of the 2021 World Series of Poker
- 4 Long Ma Tops Near 13,000-Player Field to Win The Reunion and First WSOP Bracelet
- 5 Connor Drinan Wins Second Bracelet in Event #5: $1,500 Omaha Hi-Lo 8 or Better
- 6 Tyler Cornell Gets Signature Victory in 2021 WSOP Event #6: $25,000 High Roller ($833,289)
- 7 Jaswinder “Jesse” Lally Wins 2021 WSOP Event #7: $1,500 Dealers Choice 6-Handed ($97,915)
- 8 Aces in the Final Hand as Zhi Wu Wins Event #8: $600 Deepstack ($281,604)
- 9 Ari Engel Wins Second WSOP Bracelet in $10,000 Omaha Hi-Lo 8 Championship; Hellmuth Fifth
- 10 Michael Perrone Wins 2021 WSOP Event #10: $1,000 Super Turbo Bounty No-Limit Hold’em ($152,173)
- 11 Jason Koon Wins Maiden WSOP Bracelet in Event #11: $25K Heads-Up Championship ($243,981)
- 12 Yuval Bronshtein Wins Second WSOP Bracelet in Event #12: $1,500 Limit Hold’em
- 13 Harvey Mathews Wins Event #13: $3,000 Freezeout No-Limit Hold’em ($371,914)
- 14 Lebron Captures Gold; Wins 2021 WSOP Event #14: $1,500 7-Card Stud
- 15 Bradley Jansen Wins First WSOP Gold Bracelet in Event #15: $1,500 6-Handed No-Limit Hold’em ($313,403)
- 16 John Monnette Wins Fourth WSOP Bracelet in Event #16: $10,000 Limit Hold’em Championship ($245,680)
- 17 Vladimir Peck Wins 2021 WSOP Event #18: $2,500 Mixed Triple Draw Lowball ($134,390)
- 18 DJ Alexander Captures 1st WSOP Bracelet in Event #20: GGPoker Flip & Go ($180,665)
- 19 Phil Hellmuth Denied 16th Bracelet as Anthony Zinno Wins His 3rd in the $10K Stud Championship